Tuesday 20 September 2011

Pitch for Music Video




Here is my powerpoint presentation that I used to pitch my idea for the music video for Snow Patrol's 'RUN':









However, after listening to the feedback and looking back at my presentation I have decided to adjust my idea because it was too complicated and would be particularly confusing for the viewer. Instead of having a woman running away, the woman is going to be dead and it does not necessarily have to be shown with the actual car crash but rather the seperate shots will be of:
  • him at a graveyard-the audience will not know that he is at a cemetary until the end
  • Home video montage which will be on the tv in the apartment of what was their wedding, so I no longer want to have the concept of a ruined and burned down wedding because I felt that the tone and lyrics of the song was focused more on the loss of someone and having the man in his apartment watching his marriage, it is clear that he misses his ex-wife.
  • Similarly, I will have the man packing away his memories of his relationship with her to indicate he is trying to move on but still misses her

There was also the idea of getting rid of the band because the slow pace of the song contrasts to the image given with the use of a band and so the man going through the loss will be the one singing at certain points in the video-when the lyrics are key

I need to consider the editing of the music video and remember that the song is slow-paced and so it cannot be quick cross-cuts between shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment